Some pictures from Iceland in our Involve me and I learn Day. Thanks to Birna Dís Björnsdóttir and the Iceland team.
Tuesday, 1 December 2015
Involve me & I learn DAY in Slovenia
Chronicle by Mateja Legan
On Friday, 27 November 2015, the students of 2.D class organized an event called 'Involve me & I learn DAY' at Gimnazija Vič. The students prepared 6 panels on each of the participating countries and 1 panel with the logo and name of the project. They also prepared a quiz about each country with some of the most common proverbs in different languages and some typical food. The event took place during the main break and there were a lot of students from other classes who came to see what was going on. The 2.D class students had badges with the I&L logo on them and were prepared to answer any questions connected with the project. We believe the event was a success, because everyone enjoyed - 2.D class students, other students and teachers.
We also prepared a short video and a selection of photos about the event. The panels are still on display in the school's main hall and are going to stay there until the end of the week.
What some of the students said:
I, as a presenter, had fun and I think so did the visitors to our stand.
I think it was great. The whole idea was great and so were the responses of the students who participated. I feel like everyone was eager to participate and gladly answered the questions even if they did not want to take their reward - something sweet. The teachers also liked it. Ana D. F.
I thought it was great and it was fun to see other students and teachers enjoying themselves. Rebeka T.
I think all of the participants were thrilled about the food and interesting questions, which were not too difficult but also not too easy. It was interesting to see how all of them started translating the proverbs from the same perspective and then at the end reached the same conclusion.
I think our event was interesting to all of the students, because there were a lot of them who stopped in the hall and participated. The idea turned out to be great, and it was nice to see the students stopping in front of and reading the information on the panels.
Personally, I enjoyed taking part in such an interesting presentation of our project. Everything was great and even better than I had expected.
Our presentation of the project was unique and everyone who was passing by could not resist the atmosphere, sweets and quizzes. According to the laughter and interest of students we can say without doubt that we managed to prepare a great event. The students, as well as teachers, had lots of fun!
We prepared a great event amongst other events that take place at our school on a daily basis. The food was definitively a plus. The guests/visitors will remember us because of the food, which was free but they still had to work for it J
Urban L. S.
Urban L. S.
Sunday, 29 November 2015
I & L Day in the IES Mediterráneo
The day of our project began with a presentation by our leader Carmen Torres to the municipal authorities of the city and to the representatives of the parents of students. Later, high school students carried out various activities to diseminate the project Involve me & I Learn to students in basic courses of the school.
Thanks to all the Spanish team.
This is the presentation
This is the presentation
|Click HERE to watch it|
On 27th November 2015 our article about Involve Me and I Learn Day, the project and our visit to Iceland was published on the Slovenian portal SLOMEDIA.IT; the same article was published by Primorski dnevnik, the only Slovenian daily in Italy, on 10th January 2016.
Our Involve Me & I Learn Day was a great day at Prešeren.
Boris, Alja and Barbara with a "little help of their friends" have arranged a very lively multimedia exhibition in the entrance hall, so that everybody in the school can visit it individually or in class groups. You are kindly invited to see it.
Thanks a lot for all the Trieste I&L Team.
All the students had the opportunity to watch presentations special made for this day, the videos that we made last year and they had made the maps of 6 countries in big panels, that will decorate the walls.
Thanks, Lela Golikidou and all the greek tream.
Tuesday, 17 November 2015
At the beginning of June 2015 13 students of our class went to their primary schools to tell the pupils there something about our Involve me & I learn project and to show them the video about our school.
We visited 5 primary schools in Ljubljana and its vicinity and talked to approximately 330 pupils and 20 teachers. Before having our presentations we had to get in touch with the principals of primary schools to set the dates. We presented the project to 8th grade pupils (the ones who will be leaving primary school in a year’s time). The presentation lasted between 15 and 45 minutes, depending on pupils’ interest. We started the lesson with some information about our project in general, we also showed them the project’s website and blog, then we showed them the video we had made and at the end we told them something about our school and answered their questions if there were any. The teachers were really eager to know something more about our project; while the feedback from pupils was different in every class - some of them had a lot of questions and others just sat there silently.
Our opinion on the experience:
- We had a great time at our primary school, because we saw our teachers and we also got a snack J. The presentation of the project was easy, especially because we knew a lot of the pupils and teachers. This was a great and valuable experience for us. Ana and Jona
- The project is an interesting topic, so it was fun presenting it. Because we did not prepare any text in advance, we were a bit worried about having the presentation and organizing it all, but soon realized it had all been a waste of time - we were great at presenting it and really relaxed. The teacher was thrilled at the end of our presentation, and so were some of the students who asked us quite a lot of questions. Lea, Ela and Julija
- The presentation of the project was quite easy, probably because we were relaxed and not nervous at all. At the end of every presentation (we had 4 of them in 4 different classes) we also got a round of applause. It was nice to go back to primary school and say hello to our teachers and try being in their shoes. Ema, Tinkara, Jan and Rok
- We think the whole experience was a positive one and we are happy we could gain some new experience in the field of teaching, because we had never explained anything to people we had never seen before. It was also interesting to see how different classes of students responded to our presentation. Janja and Veronika C.
- We were a bit nervous from the start, especially in the first class we presented our project; but after doing it successfully for the first time, it was really easy and we did it with a lot of self confidence in the next two classes. Ilija and Gal
Tuesday, 6 October 2015
Monday, 5 October 2015
Saturday, 3 October 2015
A new and spectacular activity of dissemination of the project carried out by the Slovenian students, led by Mateja Legan.